Prep time: 5 minutes at home to measure and pack
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup dried turkey or chicken
- 1 chicken boullion cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon dried peas (or other vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon dried mushrooms or dried cranberries(optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour (kept separate)
Add all ingredients to your lightweight container of choice. At your campsite, mix the contents of the bag with enough water to cover all the ingredients, except flour. Simmer over your heat source until everything is rehydrated, adding water if needed. Meanwhile mix flour with water until it forms a paste with no lumps. Add more water until it takes on the consistency of creamer. When everything is rehydrated pour the flour mixture into the gravy while stirring. Heat until thickened and then serve. This goes great with instant mashed potatoes and boxed stuffing.
Let us know how you liked this article. Did we cover everything? Was this helpful to you? Is there a topic you wish we would cover. Let us know below, we love to hear your comments!