Healthier than your typical Chinese takeout, this recipe still has all the flavor you could want. With its sweet flavors, it is a hit with kids.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dehydrated chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons dehydrated pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce powder
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch, kept separate
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted chopped cashews
Add all ingredients to your lightweight container of choice. At your campsite, mix the contents of the bag with water. Simmer over your heat source until everything is rehydrated, adding water if needed. It is ready when everything is rehydrated. If the sauce is thin mix the cornstarch with water in a separate container. First, make a paste and then add water until it is milk-like. Slowly stir the mixture into the main pot until the sauce is the right consistency. Serve over unsalted instant rice.