Looking for a way to get more veggies in your diet? Start the day with a serving of spinach to go along with your eggs. Cooked this way the spinach gets a crispy texture like a chip. It takes only a minute longer than making regular fried eggs but bumps up the nutrients, while adding a great flavor. You need to give this one a try.
- butter for greasing the pan
- one handful of raw spinach for every two eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lawry’s garlic salt (optional)
For the crispiest spinach use a cast iron skillet.
- Heat the skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add a pat of butter and spread it around the whole bottom of the skillet.
- Sprinkle a handful of spinach over the bottom of the skillet trying not to overlap the leaves too much. Let the leaves cook a minute so the leaves wilt and start to lay flat. You can help them out by pushing down with a spatula.
- Sprinkle garlic salt, salt, and pepper on top of spinach.
- Crack two eggs on top of spinach and fry them your preferred way. Enjoy your healthy breakfast.