Prep time: 5 minutes at home to measure and pack
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
In one container pack:
- 1 tablespoon dried bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon dried chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dried onions
- 2 tablespoons dried sausage
In a separate container pack:
- 5.5 tablespoons dehydrated egg powder (equivalent to 4 eggs)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried milk powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons dried shredded cheese
- Campfire Tortillas or packaged tortillas
Add all ingredients to your lightweight containers of choice. At your campsite, mix the contents of the first container with enough water to just cover the vegetables and sausage. Meanwhile make your campfire tortillas. Simmer the vegetable mixture over your heat source until they are rehydrated then add egg mixture. If it seems dry add water and simmer a bit longer until the egg has absorbed the water and thickened. Serve in tortillas hot from the skillet.
Let us know how you liked this article. Did we cover everything? Was this helpful to you? Is there a topic you wish we would cover. Let us know below, we love to hear your comments!