Kick up your blueberry pies a notch with some added lemon. The lemon in this recipe gives this pie a delicious crisp tartness that takes it to the next level. Use my Foolproof Flaky Pie Crust recipe and you have a dessert that will knock your socks off. We love it so much that Patrick even requested it in lieu of a birthday cake.
- Foolproof Flaky Pie Crust
- 3/4 cups sugar
- finely shredded lemon peel from two small lemons
- juice of two small lemons
- two 12 ounce bags of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl combine the frozen blueberries, the lemon juice and peel, and the sugar. Mix until the berries are evenly coated with sugar.
- Add the flour and mix until it also coats the berries
- Prepare the bottom pie crust and place in pie dish.
- Add the berry mixture.
- Roll out top crust and place on top of the berries.
- Crimp the edge of the crust to seal and slice six vents into the top of the crust.
- Brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until crust is golden.
Would you just look at that deliciousness?